Jul 19, 2010

Goal

This weekend was such an inspiring one!

Jim was able to go home on Thursday night with Ryan and the boys so they could get up early and go fishing at Barker Reservoir. Apparently the fishing up there was no better than what we had up in the Uintahs. They had fun though and that's the important thing anyway.
I had to work on Friday and then was able to help one of my friends with her shopping. I sure do enjoy helping others when the chance comes and I know that they Lord provides ways for us to be in the right place at the right time! Then I headed on home to Cannonville where I was able to spend time with my great family. It was such a busy weekend we had the 1/2 marathon and the bear festival and the Smith reunion. busy busy.

Anyway... the reason for this post is that I now have a new goal. I was so inspired by my cousin Barbie running the 1/2 marathon that I am going to start preparing for next years race! I am a little nervous but I am going to do it! I think being physically fit is so important and I am much happier if I am getting the exercise that I need. When I got my gallbladder out the surgeon told me that every person should get their heart rate up to 150 for at least 30 minutes a day. I have been struggling with being tired all of the time and he told me with the exercise he recommended, more iron in my diet I would be happier, more fit and I would have more energy!

Anybody that wants to run with me next year, you are so invited to train and then run the race with me!
So here's to a healthier and all around better lifestyle!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Mikki! I admire you for wanting to do a 1/2 marathon. Sorry, don't think I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete