Sep 10, 2012

I believe in Christ.

"I believe in Christ; he is my King! 
With all my heart to him I'll sing;
 I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,
 in grand amens my tongue employ.
 I believe in Christ; he is God's Son. 
On earth to dwell his soul  did come.
He healed the sick; 
the dead he raised. 
Good works were his;
his name be praised." 
-Hymn written by: Bruce R. McConkie
Listen to the whole song here. 


Jim (my wonderful husband) and I have been thinking a lot lately about how we can be better examples and better at sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone we know. So, today for family home evening Jim challenged us to make a goal of helping to spread the gospel to all the world. Our goal, as you might guess, was to use social networking to share our testimonies of the Savior.  This hymn that I shared above has been a huge part of my testimony of Christ since I was a small girl. A little back history on me then-- I started to play the violin when I was 6 years old and so music has been a monumental part of my life. When I started playing the violin one of the most exciting things for me was that I was able to play hymns and I thought maybe one day I might even get to play in church!
As I grew and was able to progress in my musical talents I was able to start playing hymns and "I believe in Christ" is one of the first songs I was able to 'pick out' on my own. I know that the spirit of the Lord can help us to feel the truth and I also know that music can be one of those ways that the spirit can 'speak' to us or help us to feel closer to our Savior. As I learned and mastered this song the music spoke to my heart and the words spoke to my mind telling me that I have a father in heaven and a brother - my Savior, who love me and who can help me along this journey of life. I came to gain a greater understanding of what our Savior did for us. I came to know Him on a personal level. Music brought me the beginning of my testimony and continues to help me build that testimony.

I know that each of us can have a personal relationship with our Father in Heaven as well as our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that the way to begin this relationship can be something as small as a piece of music or a small and simple prayer. Our Father and Savior love us and they are willing to answer our prayers if we will but ask.
 "If any of ye lack wisdom, let his ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5
Image used with permission from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing part of your testimony Mikki! I love that song too and think you are amazing. We are very thankful to have you as part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikki, I just stumbled upon your blog and what an uplifting post! I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog now. You are an amazing daughter of God and your light shines brightly for everyone that meets you.

    Thank goodness for the gospel in our lives and our living Prophet that guides us through these trying times!

    I love you girl!!!

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete